Important Note to Parents/Carers/Guardians
1. All coaching sessions and matches start promptly and we would ask that you ensure that the Playing Member arrives before the start time. Please ensure that you are present before the end of every session in order to take the Playing Member home.
2. Bromyard Football Club (the Club) assumes no responsibility or liability for any injury / damage to any person or property whether resulting from taking part in any activity of the club or otherwise.
3. Parents /carers are primarily responsible for ensuring that the Playing Member is able to travel to the venue for coaching, practice sessions and matches. The Club cannot guarantee that transport will be available for all Playing Members to away games and parents / carers should contact the coach at the earliest opportunity prior to a coaching or practice session or game and inform him/her that they require assistance transporting the Playing Member to a match.
4. Please remember that club officials, coaches and other parents give up their free time to help your children.
Please ensure that you show them the appropriate respect and that you take all steps to ensure that your children do so too. Inappropriate behaviour will result in the Playing Member being barred from coaching sessions and matches at the Club’s discretion.
5. The Club will take all reasonable steps to keep safe all information collected in relation to you and the Playing Member. However, the Club reserves the right to use the information provided to administer the Playing Member’s footballing activity at the Club and to care for and supervise them during this. In some cases the Club may be required to disclose information to County Boards, Leagues and the Football Association and may be required to disclose medical information to doctors, medical specialists and other officials.
Parent / Carer / Guardian Consent
1. As the parent, carer or Guardian of the Playing Member, I agree to them being registered to play for the Club and to pay the agreed annual membership. I understand that in the event that these are not paid, the Playing Member’s membership of the Club may be suspended or terminated.
2. I agree to be bound by and to observe the Club’s Rules and Constitution and Codes of Conduct, the Regulations of the Football Association and the regulations of any other leagues to which the Club is affiliated. I also acknowledge the need for the Playing Member to act responsibly and I agree to take all steps necessary to ensure that the Playing Member complies with all rules, codes and regulations.
3. I give my consent that in an emergency situation, the Club may act in loco parentis (in the place of a parent) in relation to the Playing Member, should the need arise, for the administration of emergency first aid and/or other medical treatment which, in the opinion of a qualified medical practitioner, may be necessary, including surgical treatment, anaesthetic or blood transfusions. I understand that whilst all reasonable steps will be taken to contact me, or the alternative emergency contact named above, in the event that contact cannot be made the Club, and its officials may take whatever steps are believed to be in the best interests of the Playing Member.
4. I confirm to the best of my knowledge that the information provided by me as to the Playing Member’s medical and other details is correct and complete and that I will advise the Club immediately should any of the information supplied change or be found to be incorrect.
5. In the event that I am unable to transport the playing member to an away game I agree to them being transported by the parents/guardians of other members of the Club or by other helpers and Club officials.
6. Subject to the Club’s policy on the safe use of images, I agree to pictures or videos of the playing member being used on the Club’s web site and in connection with news and promotional items (Please see the policy as to the use of pictures and videos on our web site or contact the Club's Welfare Officer (see club website) for a copy.
Young Players Code of Conduct
As a player, you have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour at all times. This is why the FA is asking every player to follow a Respect Code of Conduct.
When playing football:
Always play to the best of my ability
Play fairly – don’t cheat, complain or waste time
Respect team-mates, the other team, the referee or my coach/manager
Play by the rules, as directed by the referee
Shake hands with the other team and referee at the end of the game
Listen and respond to what my coach/team manager tells me
Talk to someone you trust or the club welfare officer if you are unhappy about anything at the club.
If the Code is nor respected and followed, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA or the FA:
Be required to apologise to my team-mates, the other team, referee or team manager
Receive a formal warning from the coach or the club committee
Be dropped or substituted
Be suspended from training
Be required to leave the club.
the club, County FA or The FA may make my parent or carer aware of any infringements of the
Code of Conduct
The FA/County FA could impose a fine and suspension against my club.
Spectators and Parents/Carers Code of Conduct
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game.
This club is supporting The FA’s Respect programme to ensure football can be enjoyed in a safe, positive environment.
Remember children’s football is a time for them to develop their technical, physical, tactical and social skills. Winning isn’t everything.
Play your part and observe The FA’s Respect Code of Conduct for spectators, parents, carers and guardians at all times.
Remember that children play for FUN
Applaud effort and good play as well as success from your team and the opposition
Always respect the match officials’ decisions
Remain outside the field of play and within the Designated Spectators’ Area (where provided)
Let the coach do their job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do
Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee and match officials
Avoid criticising a player for making a mistake – mistakes are part of learning
Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting, or abusive language or behaviour.
If spectators / parents do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA, league or The FA:
Issued with a verbal warning from a club or league official
Required to meet with the club, league or County FA Welfare Officer
Required to meet with the club committee
Obliged to undertake an FA education course
Obliged to leave the match venue by the club
Requested by the club not to attend future games
Suspended or have my club membership removed
Required to leave the club along with any dependents.
The FA/County FA could impose a fine and/or suspension on the club.
Links to FA Policies that our club supports and abides by:-
Inclusion & Discrimination